Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Tarte Bon Voyage Holiday Collection Review!!!

Who doesn't love value sets? I know I do, but not when the value set doesn't have that much value. Ill explain why in just a little bit. But first of all how cute is the Parisian theme for this set? Ahha so in love! I bought this set for $59.99 on Sephora.com, If you do want to find out where you can purchase this I have posted a link right below!!
 http://www.sephora.com/bon-voyage-collector-set-travel-bag-P388943


The set includes, cheek stain, palette, mascara, mini powder, sample size of  lights action mascra, lip stain and lip gloss. and a sample size marucuja oil.

- 0.13 oz Deluxe lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara 
- 0.17 oz Limited-edition deluxe cheek stain in Muse (soft nude) 
- 0.27 oz LipSurgence lip gloss in Visionary (apricot) 
- 0.06 oz LipSurgence lip tint in Romantic (peachy nude) 
- 0.23 oz Deluxe maracuja oil 
- 0.07 oz Deluxe smooth operator Amazonian clay finishing powder 
- Limited-edition collector’s travel bag 


The palette comes with 20 shades which vary more towards the cool tones.
you have your greens, dark purples, brown, muaves, light browns. All which are perfect for that smokey eye.But the only problem is that it doesn't blend well and they are very chalky! IT is the only real reason i bought this palette! I really tried working with this palette for a good 3 weeks but it just doesn't work for me. Ive used it on my clients and myself and it is just a fail, sad to say.








********************************************************************************


The Deluxe Smooth operator Amazonian clay finsihing powder. it leaves my skin feeling like velvet until i noticed that when i take picture i have white all under my eyes. then i noticed that it was flashback, which means that when someone takes a photo of you and you have this powder on your face it will make your face look white! Here is a picture of me to prove this insanity to all of you. I noticed that if I blend it out for a really really long time that this powder does do justices.






Omg!!!
What a huge fail!! 
Aha!!!
You just have to blend like crazy!!!!!!!!

********
Next item!
*****************************************************************************

The Marcuja oil is amazing, I have very dry skin and I apply this at night before I set off to my sleeping slumbers, in the morning my skin seems to look more refreshed and less dry! I put it on at night and in the morning my skin is soo freakin soft, especially now that it is winter I need this baby in my life!!!!. Once I run out of this product I will repurchase the bigger size!!!



The Cheek stain is a very natural based color I applied this to my cheeks with my hands and it gave me the natural blushing look. In the color super fruit, if you are more dark skinned then this won't really give u a nice blushing look.


******************************************************
The lip stain has a very peppermint smell to it and is an orangery color. Which isn't to flattering if you have stained teeth. But I love the stain it leaves on my lips,  just gorgeous!

The lip gloss HAS  THIS amazing smell! Very sugary! Which is one of my favorite product in this set. It isn't to glossy or to thick just perfect in my humble opinion!
They are both similar colors the lip gloss is in the color Visionary and the lips stain is in the color Romance.


Left is the lip stain stick and to the right is the lipgloss.






*********************************************************

Last but not least!!!!!! Lights Camera Action Lashes, Mascara!!!!!!  This mascara I have to say is good quality because it has small bristles and I can apply mascara to those smaller lashes without getting it all under my eye.You can see in this picture below that the bristles are so small and precise that you it really is a good prodcut!






****************************************************
Over all i would recommend this set to beginners who are just starting off with makeup to get a feel of makeup. I would give a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorites